Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Things to which, lately, I have been addicted.

Turkey meatloaf. Seriously. I made the Barefoot Contessa's recipe on Sunday, and I can't stop eating the leftovers. With ketchup, in sandwiches (with melted cheese of course), and...(prepare to be disgusted)...cold. Like, I open the fridge, unwrap the foil, and slice off a little piece. No condiments, no heating, no plate even! I've definitely done this with cakes/brownies/fruit breads, but it seems MUCH weirder and grosser to be eating a savory baked meat cake cold. (Right?)

My new wine glasses. They're SO great. You can put them in the dishwasher! You can balance them in your lap as you watch tv or read or surf the internet! The stemless design gives your tipsy hands a much firmer grip on the glass. Less breakage!

Victrola. If I stay at my house during the day, I finish about a tenth of the amount of work I get done at Victrola. Just the right distraction amount of people watching and music. Plus, they haven't forgotten about me once.

BTW. I normally hate acronyms (I refuse to use LOL or BRB or LMAO etc), but for some reason, I've found myself using this a lot lately.

[About the title: I really am NOT a stickler for no-prepositions-ending-sentences. I just didn't want to do it in a title.]

3 Comments:

Blogger Rainster said...

OMG, I'm the opposite. I'm a stickler for not ending sentences with prepositions, but am addicted to acronyms.

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FWIW, I have those glasses! They're great, alright.

Oh wait..Actually, I have these and these. But still, I heart Riedel.

Just FYI...

11:12 AM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Let me just say that I think it's SO great that the 2 of you used acronyms in your comments.

In fact, it's so great that I'm ROTFL!

Hee.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home