Thursday, November 03, 2005

Happy.

So as a lot of you know, it was my birthday on Tuesday. I definitely had a happy birthday. Let's review, shall we?

In addition to a bunch of birthday wishes, I received virtual birthday shoes from the FG and a virtual birthday scarf (man [virtually] included!) from (the) BS. Also memorable was a rather unfortunately-named birthday drink (yes, I used my hands).

I had asked for a puppy for my birthday (yes, I know that's an annoying request when I live in an apartment where I am forbidden to have a puppy), and Nate got me the next best thing: a Nano! Eeee! It is so small and cute and SMALL and lightweight and I can take it on walks and runs and I can cuddle with it...just like a puppy! Okay, maybe not the cuddling part. I'd squoosh it. (It's even engraved: woof woof, my name is Spot. Totally a puppy!)

And then we went to Zoe for dinner. People in Seattle: you HAVE to go here during November, because it's part of the 25 for $25 promotion. For the cost of one of their normal entrees, you get an appetizer, entree, and dessert. I can't speak for all of the restaurants, but at Zoe, you get the regular-sized portions, and they have a ton of choices, all right from the normal menu.

Enough preamble. I ate: A mixed confit (pork, duck, and rabbit) frisee salad. Sauteed sea scallops with smoked bacon, corn, chanterelles, and scalloped potatoes. And molten chocolate cake with berry sauce and vanilla ice cream. SO GOOD.

And now YOU want a present for my birthday? Well, okay. Here's one. (Warning: like many of our pictures from the Halloween trivia night, it's not especially safe for work.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Nee said...

Darn it! I meant to call to wish you a happy b-day, but I was so wrapped up with the work trip to NC. Happy Belated B-day; I suck.

7:25 AM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Thanks Nelly. And you don't suck at all!

Although... I am traveling 3000 miles to see YOU on YOUR birthday!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Nee said...

thanks, kate - way to make me feel better. ;p

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home