Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Trivia Night report, 10/26.

First place, again! Luckily, we had a jazz aficionado for the jazz category, and we had a team member who knew that the Houston Astros used to be called the Colt 45s. And as I learned, that's not referring to the malt liquor, that's referring to the gun.

The best question: on what plant did Mendel conduct genetic experiments? PEAS! My favorite food! I also got to use my extremely limited chemistry knowledge: oxidation involves loss of electrons, reduction involves gain of electrons. (OIL RIG!)

Also, we had the best team name EVER this week: "I just ate an M.R.E. and crapped in the hallway with 30,000 other people." If you don't get that, you need to watch more television. (Or, um, read the actual news. But everyone gets their news from Jon Stewart, right?)

The trivia question-asker expressed concern that a critique of his questions was being blogged every week, but I have my doubts that he actually reads this. So, folks--critique away in the comments! (How annoying was that spoken word lyrics music category?)

4 Comments:

Blogger fabulous girl said...

I have a love/hate relationship with the spoken word lyrics music category - it's frustrating, but it's so damn funny to hear the lyrics spoken aloud, out of sync, if you will, & to watch our shared brain struggle to set them to the snippets of music playing just out of reach in our heads.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Fred Northup, Jr. said...

I love the spoken lyrics. Did you get Ricky Martin? That, my friends, was genius.

P.S. I hear he reads your blog.
P.P.S. We didn't have a audio music category because my computer is broken and I couldn't synch my iPod!

1:14 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Okay, okay, I also have the love/hate relationship with the spoken word lyrics category. I mainly called it "annoying" because I think I'm (normally) pretty good at the music category and this is WAY harder for me. And we know that the trivia questions are all about ME.

OMG Ricky Martin! SO dreamy!

1:36 PM  
Blogger fabulous girl said...

We can tell that you love the spoken lyrics, freddieb.

OMG, a chink in the armor! Next we'll find out that someone else writes the questions ...

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home