Thursday, October 20, 2005

Trivia Night report, 10/19.

First place! I can honestly say that I contributed pretty much nothing to our win. Sure, I helped out a bit by confirming a few answers, but when faced with categories like "Pokemon" and "identify the country based on its outline," I'm useless. (I guess Denmark really is shaped like that, huh?) In somewhat of a reprise of my egregious "Making OF the Band" error, I mis-identified the Backstreet Boys as the boy band who sang "God Must Have Spent a Little More Time on You." It's *NSYNC!

Of course, our team (with not one but TWO Canadians!) rocked the "Canada, eh?" category.

And now, I'm off to bake cookies. (I seem to be suffering from a bout of insomnia--that timestamp is correct!--perhaps I am still consumed with guilt over the *NSYNC thing.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

did junior year mean nothing to you? How could you confuse NSYNC with BB?

9:57 AM  
Blogger BS said...

At that hour, you could always have called one of us out here on the other coast to chat while we're stuck in traffic on our way to work...ok maybe not yet on our way to work, but thinking about leaving the house.

And baking always cures my insomnia :)

12:24 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

I KNOW! That's why I am so ashamed! I feel like I should know *NSYNC better than that!

BTW, you forgot the *, Joanna. :)

2:41 PM  
Blogger fabulous girl said...

I was there, she was ashamed.

But it was NOTHING to my exasperation about being the only one on the team who could recognize Denmark. Nothing, I say.

4:21 PM  
Blogger fabulous girl said...

But there's only one Denmark - boy bands are indistinguishable ... musically and in appearance. I could live without /Bye, bye, bye/, but I won't give up Hans Christian Andersen.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home