Sunday, October 09, 2005

In case you think I only watch hot girl-based reality shows.

Today I watched In the Mood for Love, Wong Kar-Wai's film. I was told that I should see this before 2046, and after about 2 months on the library waiting list, I finally got it. I really liked it--it was sad (I like sad), pretty simple (ie, no huge plot twists--I mean "simple" as a compliment), and beautifully shot. Maggie Cheung's wardrobe is one of the best parts of the movie.

One issue I have with subtitled movies is that I can't resort to my usual ADD-esque tendency of reading (reading as in a book, not the subtitles) while watching tv. I guess that was good in this case, because it forced me to really pay attention to the movie, unlike, say, Laguna Beach, which doesn't necessarily require a ton of concentration. (Except in last week's episode, when Kristin was kissing that guy Jessica liked...)

4 Comments:

Blogger BS said...

That's not ADD, that's multi-tasking. If only someone could come up with something for me to do in my sleep so I'm not wasting all of those hours.

9:20 AM  
Blogger fabulous girl said...

I can understand reading during Laguna Beach - I tend to knit through all visual entertainment these days, but not through a movie ... or at least a good movie. My thoughts on ItMfL are here: fabgirls.blogspot.com/2005/06/in-mood-for-love.html

4:34 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

I wish I could be better at that solving-problems-in-my-sleep thing...

Oooh, FG--I didn't even check your blog for comments before I wrote my post! But I know you loved the movie. Now I just need to see 2046. It's not at the library yet, so I may have to actually _pay_ to see a movie!

5:19 PM  
Blogger fabulous girl said...

You may want to wait until it comes out on DVD - it was very ... let's just say that there are parts you could read/I could knit through. But SO good, especially if you've seen ItM4L.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home