Thursday, October 13, 2005

The second Trivial Kate Trivia Kontest.

You asked for it! (But okay, it didn't require a lot of arm-twisting.) It's time for the second Trivial Kate Trivia Kontest.

Here are the rules. I've written 6 haiku about album covers--you have to figure out the artist and album. If you only know the artist, but not the album, or vice versa, write it down. You might get partial credit. Post your answers in the comments but DON'T LOOK AT THE COMMENTS until you've decided on your answers (because then you'll see everyone else's responses). Honor system, people! I'll post the answers in a few days, so don't worry about answering immediately.

My disclaimer is that I tried to make these somewhat accessible for everyone, but I have a feeling that some people might have an unfair advantage, due to our overlapping musical tastes. Plus, I have no idea if these are hard or easy or what, so I'm sorry if they skew one way or the other.

(Also, I REALLY dislike spelling a word wrong solely for alliterative purposes. I have no idea why I did it the first time, but it seems to have stuck, so "kontest" it is.)

Bring on the haiku!

1. Bright aqua background.
Four dorky-looking guys and
No one wears sweaters.

2. Is that refraction?
Light plus prism yields rainbow?
I forget physics.

3. Very crowded scene.
You examine it for clues--
Maybe he is dead!

4. It's Andy Warhol,
But not Campbell's soup cans. This
Attracts the monkeys.

5. Michael's offering--
Dan Rather was not amused.
Orange beast glares out.

6. A little story
About a brand-new airline.
Girls, 40s on board.

5 Comments:

Blogger Fred Northup, Jr. said...

1. Weezer - Blue Album
2. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
3. Severna Park - 3:16
4. The Velvet Underground - The one that monkeys love
5. Britney Spears - Toxic (Single)
6. Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill

Those are my guesses! Peace!

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. Let's see.

1. Weezer? No idea what album tho.
2. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
3. The Beatles - Sergeant Pepper?
4. Absolutely no clue.
5. R.E.M. - Monster
6. Umm... the Soul Plane soundtrack?

I don't think I'm going to be a winner with that batch of guesses... :)

5:17 AM  
Blogger paducci said...

1. weezer blue
2. pink floyd dark side
5. rem monster

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2. Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon
4. Hmmm... I can picture the painting of the banana, but which of your indie bands is that?
6. Beastie Boys, Licensed to Ill

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Weezer: "Weezer"


2. Pink Floyd: "Dark Side of the Moon"


3. Grr....

4. "The Velvet Underground and Nico"

5. R.E.M.: "Monster"

6. oh, thank god I took some CD out to the car...I hope?: Beastie Boys: "Licensed to Ill"

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home