Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Trivia Night report, 10/12.

Second place for the second week in a row! Tonight's questions featured what I originally called "the greatest category ever": movie haiku. An example: "Maggie's one big shot/Paralyzed in Las Vegas/Frankie at the end." And the answer is...Million Dollar Baby! I say that I "originally" called that the best category ever, because the trivia guru/maestro/dude who asks the questions told us that he once wrote a category of album cover haiku. Now THAT would be the greatest category EVER.

Shall I attempt an album cover haiku? Oh, all right, since you asked nicely:
Swim, naked baby
Don't wear clothes--come as you are
Grasp the dollar bill

Was that too easy?

There was also an entire category about the High Holy Days. As the resident half-Jew on our team, I tried to represent, but I'm afraid I wasn't able to help much at all.

Still, second place!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Making a haiku out of arguably the most famous album cover of our generation? No...

James

6:24 AM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Okay, okay, I SAID it was easy.

I thought the "Come As You Are" part was a nice touch, no?

Hmph.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Nee said...

you should attempt a harder one

1:00 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Do I sense a challenge? I think I know what I'm doing tonight!!!

(Um, it's not THAT dorky to get this excited about haiku, right?)

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's time for another Trivial Kate Kontest, this time identifying albums based on a haiku describing the album's cover!

I suggest posting the haikus and saving the answers for a separate post, by the way. :)

1:15 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

You guys are on. Get ready, everyone. It's gonna be big!

(My only issue is that not many of you share my musical tastes...I'll have to branch out a bit for this one.)

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Bring it.

(Which sounds like a challenge, and I guess it is, but I don't mean it to sound the way "bring it" normally sounds. I guess I just mean "I can't wait.")

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://zandereauo77777.blogripley.com/3755815/
Линкбилдинг


@kkk

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

https://brooksbefb33444.blogcudinti.com/3060309/
создание сетки pbn под ключ


@kkk

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home