Monday, October 10, 2005

I'm a larvae song.*

Have I mentioned how much I love Mike Doughty? He blogs, he likes bad tv, and his music is awesome. I mean, anyone who mentions James Van Der Beek in a song has to be good. Plus, he likes Post-its. I love Post-its.

AND he has anagram t-shirts. (I've been listening to Haughty Melodic for months, and I just now realized it's an anagram for "Michael Doughty.") Oh, how I love anagrams. (And haiku, but that's a post for another day.) My only complaint is that the shirts aren't available in girl sizes.

* In case you're a bit disturbed/confused by the title, it's an anagram.

(Of course I couldn't let Monday go by without mentioning Laguna Beach. For anyone who saw tonight's episode, all I have to say is that I want someone in a gorilla suit to ask me to the prom by holding up a big cardboard banana. Seriously.)

8 Comments:

Blogger paducci said...

He was playing at the Fox in Boulder while Joe and I were there. Sorry, didn't go, other matters to attend to. Death Cab was playing in Denver the 8th too, but that didn't happen either.

5:56 AM  
Blogger paducci said...

So Kate, this is a link to another person's blog but in a comment! Amazing!!

6:09 AM  
Blogger BS said...

There's something about Mike Doughty's blog that bothers me. He feels like the Carson Daly of singer/songwriters - self-depreciating in an arrogant way. Does that make any sense?

Creative dance invitations must be a California thing. One year I was serenaded (Des Colores) by the guy I went with and his friends (my friends' dates). They went from girl's house to girl's house in navy blazers and khakis on rented mopeds. Another year involved popping balloons, each with a letter inside. "W" "i" "l" "l"...you get the idea. We returned the favor for the Sadie Hawkins dance.

6:24 AM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Vijay-themed haiku! Awesome.

And Sara, I am ignoring your Carson Daly comparison. I LOVE Mike Doughty. :)

But wow, inventive askings to the prom were definitely NOT a NJ thing. I want a gorilla suit!!!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Fred Northup, Jr. said...

If you like haiku, then you'll LOVE the first category of Wednesday night trivia.

12:59 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Haiku PLUS trivia? My prayers have been answered!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Nee said...

nice anagram, Kate! Believe it or not we had a "gorilla gram" today. One of the directors is getting married this weekend, so they had a PINK gorilla come and sing congratulations to him. bizarre!

2:35 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

GORILLA GRAM!

That is so awesome.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home