Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Extra trivia night at the Hopvine.

Tonight's trivia night at the Hopvine brought us third place and a huge amount of Tic-Tacs as a prize. I mean, the first-place cash would have been better, but hey, a large supply of the 2.5 calorie breath mint is good too.

The "Kate's an embarrassing team member" moment came when the question, "For a psychiatrist, what does PTSD stand for?" was asked, and I squealed, "Oooh!" ...you know, in one of those moments when the entire bar is silent and everyone can hear you. Yeah, just like that. But really, how could I not know that? I'm a medical writer! Or, as the other Hopvine patrons probably think, I was in Desert Storm or something and I'm happy that my condition is getting the recognition it deserves.

The really exciting thing came when I got home and checked the mail, and I saw that I had a letter from Jess. A letter--like with a stamp, and an envelope, and a piece of paper with handwritten text inside. I remember when we lived together she'd write these "letters" to people who lived far away, but I never imagined that I'd get one. So SO cool. Thank you Jess!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

I was hoping to bring a little cheer to those friends that I no longer see frequently. I'm glad to know you got it... what did you think about the envelope? :)

10:00 AM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Oh, the envelope was fantastic! Were those Abercrombie and Fitch models? :)

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home