Thursday, November 03, 2005

Trivia Night report, 11/2.

Well, we didn't win last night. Not even close. There was a category on the University of Washington--and even with an alum on our team, we still got 3 wrong. And marine biology? Wasn't I supposed to get a birthday category? Hmmm?

Oh well. I was getting a little cocky, anyway, what with all the winning lately.

And then, I accidentally got drunk. See, Mr. Trivia announced that it was my birthday (he also said I was 22! Hee!) and the bartender brought me a shot (some kind of delicious melon mixture). Then this other team sent over a drink (this one was a disgusting mixture of non-miscible liquids called the "Brain Freeze" or "Mind Eraser" or "Gross Shot That Kate Will Feel Obligated To Drink Because Some Other Person Bought It For Her"). And THEN a second team sent over a drink (a slightly better, which isn't saying much, "Birthday Cake"-flavored mixture). I think I made my teammate finish that one.

I got free chocolate cake, too!

Last night also featured the triumphant return of Ross Harrison, as well as a "Faith" karaoke duet dedicated to our favorite soon-to-be resident of Japan.

3 Comments:

Blogger fabulous girl said...

I think it was called a brain haemorrhage, and it certainly looked nasty. If only we'd had the head of the high school marine biology club onside. *sigh*.

9:41 AM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

I can't believe I drank that. I guess I was worried that "the Shocker" (the other team's name, for anyone wondering) would be offended if I didn't...

10:12 AM  
Blogger Rainster said...

You thought it looked nasty? It looked cool! It was Bailey's and Peach Schnapps -- the Bailey's curdled.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home