Sunday, October 15, 2006

Closure.

You know how my meeting-the-Mugs experience on Thursday night was underwhelming? Well, Friday night was a complete 180. Friday afternoon, I was volunteering at the KEXP membership booth for Ballard day and Nick and Jeremy walked up for some restaurant advice. They seemed to remember me, and didn't run away screaming, so I told them they should check out the Thee Emergency/Iceage Cobra concert after the Mugs' KEXP benefit show.

Fast forward many hours (the Mugs were absolutely amazing - and I know I'm a biased source, but a ton of uninterested parties told me the same thing), after Thee Emergency and Iceage Cobra's awesome sets (seriously, Thee Emergency deserve to be superstars), and I walked up to the bar to close my tab. I feel a tap on my shoulder, and it's Nick (here I am going with the notion that he actually wanted to talk to me, and not that the band gave him 20 bucks to speak with the crazy stalker lady, but I guess that's always a possibility). We had a totally mundane 20-minute conversation about touring with the band, the Seattle Public Library, working from home, and KEXP, and then I walked away. Closure! Dude is not some mythical figure deserving of years of tuna fish sandwich-eating, code name-making, Googling, and somewhat creepy stalking.

Of course, I'm not THAT cool, because I totally ran back to my friends and screeched, "I just talked to my Mug for 20 minutes!" and they all high-fived me.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Jeremy and Nick rockpaperscissored to see who would get to talk to you. I'm really into RPS for all my decision making these days. Way to be an adult, Joanna.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you see Chuck Klosterman's new book? It looks like a library book, which I think is very cool. I liked the Coco Puffs one a lot and was going to pick the new one up.

James

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of riders, I found this today:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1004061iggypop1.html

I think your readers will be HIGHLY amused.

Keep reading past the technical stuff, its worth it (and the comments on the technical stuff is funny too).

8:22 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Is this Nick from the Brown Derbies? Too funny Kate.

Why was he in Seattle? Perhaps he is stalking you now!

5:17 AM  
Blogger fabulous girl said...

Your Mug - love it! By the way, if anyone needs mugs ...

11:15 AM  
Blogger Rainster said...

"Mythical figure deserving of years of tuna fish sandwich-eating, code name-making, Googling, and somewhat creepy stalking." Awesomely phrased!

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home