Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Pork chops and...fennel sauce.

I say that I love all vegetables, but there are some I love more than others. Fennel has always been on the not-love-so-much side of the continuum. We got some fennel in last week's CSA box and I figured I'd let it go slowly soft in the fridge (of course, I'd mean to cook it, but never get around to it) until I saw an episode of Everyday Italian last week.

Yup, Everyday Italian, with that perpendicular girl Giada De Laurentiis. She may be skinny, but she cooks some good food. Like her pork chops with fennel sauce. (I omitted the capers, because I'm not a huge fan, and I only cooked 2 pork chops so it was extra saucy - delicious with polenta.)

Really, really good.

4 Comments:

Blogger fabulous girl said...

OMG, you're right! She is SUCH a perpendicular girl. She even has that I-just-threw-my-hair-up-with-a chopstick-and-it-looks-fabulous thing that I envy so much.

TK, I love fennel and have some great recipes for it, including a pasta with anchovies, pine nuts, bread crumbs & currants - sweet, salty and SO yummy. I'll find it for you.

11:31 AM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

I normally use the term "lollipop girl," but I really like your term too.

Mmm, I'd love the recipe!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Rainster said...

Fennel also goes great with salmon. Or at least, untalented cook that I am, I've had others' excellent fennel sauce on salmon before.

10:08 PM  
Blogger BS said...

I guess I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to fennel. A little olive oil, a little lemon juice and an hour in the fridge makes the most refreshing fresh fennel salad.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home