Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Leave me paralyzed, love.

Today on my run, I decided I was sick of CYHSY and thought I'd mix it up with a little shuffle. (Ooh!) Weirdly, the nano brain decided to play 4 of my All-Time Top 10 Breakup Songs: the Wallflowers' "I've Been Delivered," Lucinda Williams' "Can't Let Go," the Shins' "The Past and Pending," and just as I was turning onto my street, the Notwist's "Consequence."

Hmm. Thanks, nano.

(Yes, I know it's annoying to anthropomorphize the nano and that it's all a random selection blah blah.)

7 Comments:

Blogger camarooned said...

Once on a 10-CD random the FG and I listened to the first 6 songs of REM's Green, in the right order to boot. It happened for a reason.

Random has a purpose sometimes. And sometimes not.

5:00 PM  
Blogger BS said...

I often play horoscope radio. Whichever song I land on indicates how my day will go and/or how I should approach the day (this little game is infinitely enhanced by satellite radio). Two weeks ago it was The Beach Boys - California Girls, so obviously it works :)

Of course it's a completely silly theory and shouldn't be applied to your day of breakup songs...

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good that during today's run you could focus on how wonderful your boyfriend really is as he ran next to you.

7:03 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Uh, thanks, "Anonymous."

Cam, that is so incredibly weird. Really?!?! (I love Green, BTW.)

Horoscope radio! Good name.

8:59 PM  
Blogger paducci said...

random is not so random.

2:06 PM  
Blogger fabulous girl said...

I totally remember that! And TK, I'm a total fatalist - things happen for a reason. Which is to say, those songs were yearning to be heard, and you just have to figure out why ...

12:54 PM  
Blogger BS said...

Perhaps to remind you how good you have it now?

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home