Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Sad, but true.

1. I didn't have internet for a whopping 34 hours (the cable guy tells me it was due to an overextended signal) and I was going through withdrawal. Granted, some of this was due to work-related stress. But I also didn't know what to do with myself. How would I know what the weather is going to be like? And what bus do I take? And what happened in the world today?

2. I got an A in my anatomy class. (This is not the sad part.) But I was upset about my A - a 94. As I told some of my friends, "I got an A, but not the highest A." Yes, I got the second-highest grade in the class (the highest was a 98). And yes, I was upset about it. (In my defense, the reason I didn't get the highest grade was my performance on the last 2 exams, both of which I didn't study for AT ALL [one was the day after my reunion weekend and one was the day after I got back from Arizona].)

3. I absolutely LOVE the new Laguna Beach show. And, even worse, I got a little teary-eyed at the end of tonight's show.

So...now you have to tell me something embarrassing, so I don't feel bad.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not telling you anything embarassing on this blog. Sorry.

But I'll say the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the title of the post is Metallica.

Congrats on the A. Were you quizzed on the islets of Langerhans? I hope so.

10:08 AM  
Blogger camarooned said...

1) I give myself an 'A' for effort every day!

2) I could probably live without Internet access for about two days.

3) Delacey makes me watch Canada's Next Top Model, and the worst part about it is that is was filmed in Victoria! How exotic is that?

4) I sometimes eat vegetables without washing them.

5) On Wednesday I forgot to pack underwear in my commuter bag and biked to work in shorts; at least I remembered pants, but I pulled a Kramer all day yesterday!

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, yeah, how are you supposed to tell the weather without the internet? Looking outside? Whatever. When was this event I refer to....freshman year? When was I last made fun of for it....5 year reunion? I hereby nominate myself to get out of the weather-mocking hotseat and put you in it.

10:58 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Fine, RG, don't play along. Poopyhead!

(Not like anyone else is playing along, though. Cam gets a special prize.)

Commando Cam! That's awesome.

And Joanna, I am talking about how will I know the weather in the future. Not, "it's raining outside!" because you saw it on the internet instead of looking out the window. See? Still in the weather-mocking hotseat! :)

11:04 PM  
Blogger BS said...

Ok, I'll play along.

Today, I planned my afternoon off around reruns of The Hills episodes I had missed.

Yup, just plain sad.

5:55 PM  
Blogger fabulous girl said...

Alternately, TMI Cam ...

OK, last week I told someone what I thought was a rebellious story about something I did the summer I was 16 and they were completely underwhelmed.

At least I didn't throw cheese off a balcony. And I don't always wash fruit/veggies before eating either!

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you really need the internet to check the weather?

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what's really embarassing? Having a girlfriend who crys while watching crap-o-vision then tells the world about it on her blog. :)

7:01 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

You know what's embarassing?!?!

A boyfriend who can't spell "cries"!

Sheesh.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home