Friday, June 16, 2006

Quick update.

Welcome back! Not you, me. I was in Arizona for my cousin's bar mitzvah and also the Grand Canyon, and I'll post about that soon. (With pictures!)

This past week, I've: hiked 6 miles into/out of the Grand Canyon, seen a sunrise AND a sunset, intentionally woken up before 5 am on THREE separate occasions, spent 16 hours at KEXP (over a period of 28 hours), and taken a final exam.

Unrelated, but: THIS SHIRT IS SO AWESOME.

Finally, I have to admit that I am also developing quite the (girl-) crush on DJ Michelle Myers. I'm listening to her show on KEXP right now, and it's great. (I had no idea how much I loved Prince's "Gett Off" until hearing it just now. I am bopping around in my chair.) And apparently, around 9:30 during her Friday night show every week, she'll play a Ladies' Slow Dance Request. Tonight it's Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On," and really, can it get any better than that?

AHHHH! Following "Let's Get It On" is Massive Attack's "Protection," which is one of the best songs ever in the history of the world and pretty much makes me cry every time I hear it (both for aesthetic reasons and because it takes me back to this time in my life that was both amazing and really, really frustrating/sad/uncertain).

2 Comments:

Blogger paducci said...

mmmichelle.

nice shirt.

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that's my girlfriend you're developing a crush for.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home