Saturday, June 03, 2006

Make this dessert for the name alone.

We had some people over for dinner tonight, and we ate some fantastic food, if I do say so myself.

So first, there was some Essential Bakery rosemary ciabatta with homemade tomato-garlic-basil topping. And then there was this delicious orzo salad (seriously, it doesn't look like much from the recipe, but it is SO good) and asparagus and 3 different types of grilled steak (rib eye [the winner], top sirloin, and prime rib - Nate went a little nuts at the farmer's market last weekend, which is why we had the steak taste-test format).

And for dessert! I made beeramisu. Yes, beeramisu. It was worth making just for the name, even if it was gross, but it turned out to be delicious. I think the porter cuts the sweetness and richness of the cream/mascarpone mixture much better than the traditional brandy. Plus, you get to say, "For dessert, I made beeramisu!"

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, I made that orzo recipe when Kristen posted it on her blog, I love it.

4:39 PM  
Blogger fabulous girl said...

Thanks, Kate. I had jello for dinner on Saturday. Jello. Don't get me wrong, jello was fine when it was all I could manage, and fun by the time the pain meds kicked in, but if I never eat jello again, that will be fine with me. And you had a freaking dinner party.

Of course, you did bring me my favourite ice cream ...

We're going to have to talk about this beeramisu.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Gloria said...

I originally would've thought the beeramisu would've been gross, but when I was in Boston, my friend made me an alcoholic version of a root beer float with birch beer and Frangelico, and it was amazing. Highly recommended!

But why are there no pictures of the food?

2:14 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

FG, I think you could eat the beeramisu, even with sore teeth - it's very soft and smooshy. And DELICIOUS.

Gloria - the beeramisu is great. I cannot recommend it enough. And would you believe it, I must be the last person on earth to own a digital camera. So sadly, posts are picture-less, at least for now...

10:15 PM  
Blogger fabulous girl said...

Ummm, I don't have a digital camera yet either. I do, however, have four perfectly good wisdom teeth in a sealed sterile envelope. Anyone?

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home