Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Making a list, checking it twice.

So I don't know if you guys in Boston are nicer, or what, but here in Seattle I have quite the reputation of Kate the Niceguy, something that's sort of new to me. (I don't mean this as an insult! I love all of you Seattle people, and I think it's awesome that I'm the group pushover... But of course, I would love all of you, and I would love my role, wouldn't I?)

Anyway, one day I was mentioning how I thought I didn't like someone, but it turns out she's a great person!, and the group was underwhelmed. A list of "People Kate Doesn't Like" was proposed, and Pol Pot and Hitler made it, but not too many others. (I'd like to add the people who stuffed the puppies with heroin.)

So, I am documenting my list here (ignoring the genocide-causers and puppy-torturers for now). I do not like this woman who substitutes for spinning classes at my gym. Her music sucks, it's not loud enough, she doesn't know how to work the microphone, she can never adjust her bike properly, and I don't even get that great of a workout. I also used to REALLY dislike this woman who worked at my office, but since I work remotely now and she was fired (I'm assuming for incompetence, which is why I didn't like her), I'm giving her a bye.

But, after tonight, I can definitively say that I DO NOT LIKE my microbiology professor. Since she looks like (and probably is!) a grandma, I had difficulty putting her on the list, but after tonight's hour "lecture" (in which she read directly from another professor's slides) on the wrong chapter (to rectify her error she read 3 tables from the correct chapter, ignored the rest of the chapter, and never told us what was important to know, which doesn't exactly matter because all of the exams are taken in groups and open book), she is ON THE LIST.

To summarize, do not get on my bad side, because it probably means you're either totally incompetent or you killed a bunch of people. You won't be in good company.

4 Comments:

Blogger fabulous girl said...

There is something about substitute spin instructors - perhaps a shared gene pool? The Scottish Cowgirl and I have had HORRIFIC experiences with them - far too peppy, sharing too much about their personal lives, and urging us on individually by name - makes a girl feel like a reindeer (On Dasher, On Dancer, etc.)

It's good to know there's someone out there who can see the good in (almost) everyone - you're a rare breed, TK.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Rainster said...

Putting us all to shame...

10:27 PM  
Blogger vimal said...

shouldn't it be Kate the Nice Gal?
or Kate the Nice Person?

10:58 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Joe! VIMAL (hello Vimal)! And "rrevolutionary" (I THINK I know who you are...)!

Joe, I do have a social club in Brooklyn! Vimal, interesting question...you know, it HAS been a really long time since you've seen me... And rrevolutionary, you (if you are the "you" I think you are) are not anywhere near incompetent, so don't worry.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home