Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Week of Rock.

This is Kate's Week of Rock (much better than the Summer of Suckiness), did you know that? Here's a quick rundown.

Last Saturday night: party at Thee Emergency and Iceage Cobra's house.

Tomorrow: the Mugs at the High Dive.

Friday: in Ballard volunteering for KEXP all day, another Mugs show, and then (most likely, unless I'm about to pass out in a tired, hungover puddle) the Iceage Cobra cd release concert.

And tonight? Oh, you may have heard of this little band called Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. Well, generally when bands play a venue, there's food and beer for them backstage. Guess who is going to make sure the CYHSY guys are fed and liquored up for their KEXP benefit show at the Showbox tonight? Why, that's right - ME. And the best part? My shift ends right when they go onstage.

(I am trying very hard not to be totally nervous.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the music post, Kate!! Enjoy the Mugs!!

Also, please please please do one thing for me. If you get a chance to speak to the CYHSY drummer, please tell him your friends in NYC are very disappointed that he left his Guns and Roses cover band. I'm guessing his reaction will be fairly entertaining. Adam has seen the cover band about 8-10 times (only twice for me). And they rock. The CYHSY drummer used to be the fake Axl Rose.

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The name of the cover band was "Mr. Brownstone"

8:10 AM  
Blogger fabulous girl said...

Um, why are you nervous, exactly? Are you going to be on stage?

10:27 AM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

FG - I am nervous because I will be MEETING THE BAND. (Not to mention that they are one of my *favorite* bands...)

CI - I knew that he was in Mr. Brownstone, and I promise to try to ask him if it's appropriate. (As in, if I am not too nervous to speak to them.)

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know that scene in Spinal Tap, where Nigel reports "some problems with the arrangements backstage?" Don't let 'em do that to you.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home