Friday, October 13, 2006

On not living up to the hype.

So, I met the Mugs last night - thanks to my friend who literally dragged me over to Jeremy, told him, "we went to Brown!" (ie, she did too, which is a total lie), and proceeded to talk to him while I sort of just stood there stupidly. At one point Nick (!!!) walked up and Jeremy kind of pulled him over, but I think it was a semi-desperate defense tactic. Oh well. Living up to my "crazy stalking girl" rep from college, I guess.

(Note: I have no idea what they actually thought - but you'd think they'd be happy that a cute girl [Betsy! But I guess I'm not ugly] wanted to talk to them. They seemed totally underwhelmed.)

And how was the CYHSY show? The show was awesome. The interaction-with-the-band part was less great, which is fine because I was very nervous about talking to them. Although one member of Takka Takka did ask me if I knew where he could get a joint, which is pretty hilarious, seeing as how I am quite possibly the LAST person in Seattle who could help him with that.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg you met nick??!?!?!?!!?!?!? No other words. You must have had lovely dreams. Of tuna melts. Did you tell Jessi?

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you followed my instructions (the PG ones anyway). That's awesome!!

I love hearing stories of the crazy stuff bands ask for backstage. Sorry you were so nervous. "Kate" and "shy" are practically synonyms in my book (note sarcasm here).

12:28 PM  
Blogger fabulous girl said...

Umm, /I guess I'm not ugly/? Hello?! Do we need to get you a new mirror?

1:12 PM  
Blogger BS said...

Oh yes, do tell us if there were any crazy things in any of the bands' riders!

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any tuna melts in the riders?

5:55 PM  
Blogger Rainster said...

Though my stalking-the-Derbies-from-Maine days are over, I'm still envious! Hope the concert was good.

11:01 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

So the Mugs' "rider" consisted of some drink tickets, I think. CYHSY and their opening bands had food, Makers Mark, and tequila ... but no pot.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home