Thursday, September 08, 2005

Trivia Night report, 9/7.

We won! 32 points--the second place team only had 27. And even if we hadn't won, I think I'd still be ecstatic because [insert deity here] spoke to me and told me an answer. See, the question was something about the name of the river where 1/3 of Kurt Cobain's ashes are scattered, and I knew I knew the answer, but it was locked somewhere in my head, behind Laguna Beach factoids. And then the answer came to me! Thank you, deity!

Things rapidly went south after that, and highlights included a friend handing me his (partially-finished) gin and tonic, saying he didn't want it anymore, and me actually drinking it. Then me spilling said gin and tonic all over my lap right before going up to sing (yes, I sang! the old standard again). I actually asked the karaoke guy to put someone else before me to give my pants a chance to dry. I am somewhat classy, after all!

And then I bought pizza on the way home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Am I the first person you sang "Faith" with? If so, I'll feel honored... although I think I may have created a monster!

5:03 AM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Ha ha--Jess, you just may have created a monster! There is that small problem that I have to be drunk in order to be convinced to do karaoke. But who knows, maybe one day I'll be able to sing sober! One can only hope...

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home