Monday, August 29, 2005

Ennui.

I used this word in an email the other day and I was inordinately proud. See, even though I may know a lot of words, I rarely think to use them in conversation. (Instead, I overuse "like" and "delicious" and "really" and "actually." And I overuse parenthetical expressions too.)

But about ennui, I've been experiencing some lately. How does one get out of the boredom/sadness rut? I am sure a job would help. But if I had a "real" job, I'd have to wear something other than pajamas all day. Maybe that would be a good thing? I was here yesterday and I really really wanted to buy work-type clothes until I realized that would be a complete waste of money.

Anyway, the feeling is nothing that a good spinning class (I told the instructor she should add "Hey Ya" to a new CD she's making!), my patented easy delicious pizza dinner (piece of lavash bread, olive oil, sliced tomatoes, salt/pepper/hot pepper, feta, shaved parmesan--bake at 400 F for 11 min), a glass or two of this (shiraz variety), and a new episode of this can't fix.

All of you Seattle people, if you like Jamie Oliver, request this DVD set from the Seattle Public Library. I watched the last episode tonight and it's totally making me want to go to culinary school. (All head chefs look like Jamie, right?)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's about time you got a blog! I made this wonderful pasta w/ a relish base for the sauce.. yummy. I'm fairly certain relish is not the word I meant to use but I am gone right now. More later,

James

5:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm also wondering if a real job would fix my own ennui. Good food does cure all, though.

7:23 AM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

James, pasta with a relish base? I am imagining pickle relish for hotdogs but I don't think that's what you're talking about... Maybe salsa?

And Rob, yes. Ennui is such a nice word but not a nice thing. Did I mention that I had ice cream last night too? That totally cures all.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home