Saturday, September 03, 2005

The party boys call the Kremlin.

Too much fun last night at karaoke. I did "Walk Like an Egyptian" and it seemed to go over well. I say "seemed" because somewhere along there things started getting a little hazy (okay, very hazy). Nate and I had big plans today to bike out to the Red Hook brewery (about 20 miles each way) and go on a tour, but my extreme hangover is preventing that. (I may have to rethink performing karaoke. Participation in an activity that requires me to be drunk enough to breach my normal, sober inhibitions might not be the smartest thing. But it's just so much fun!)

Anyway, already today I've read a book, watched most of 2 movies, and watched all of another movie.

And finally, a complete change of topic (from entirely frivolous and selfish to completely urgent and terrible), but this is just one of the many amazing and terrifying accounts I've read about the hurricane. And this guy and his family are still incredibly lucky--they just lost their stuff. I can't imagine what it is like for all of the people who didn't have the transportation or money or time to evacuate.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you need to keep participating and just gradually reduce the amount of alcohol you consume, finally reaching a point where you can lower your singing inhibitions without the need to imbibe copious amounts of alcoholic beverages.

That's my theory, anyway.

2:32 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Hmm. You may have a point there, Colin. Maybe I can test that theory out at Vito's, out of the spotlight of the Beacon Pub.

My liver agrees with you, anyway.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home