Monday, September 05, 2005

Eggplanty.

I forgot to write about a delicious eggplant dish Nate made last night. (So I guess I did eat something other than soup/saltines!) I am taking partial credit for the dish because I gave him the recipe. Both the eggplant and the recipe came with our last CSA vegetable delivery.

Basically, preheat your oven to 375 F and oil a heavy metal (rockin'!) baking sheet with olive oil. Then you take an eggplant and cut it into rounds about 1/4-in. thick. Spread both sides of the eggplant thinly with mayonnaise. Grate about 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, and put it in a bowl with some garlic powder and sea salt. Then dredge the eggplant slices in the cheese mixture and put on the baking sheet. Bake for about 20-30 min. until tender and very brown.

These are delicious! As Nate said, the eggplant is just a vehicle for cheese and oil. But oh, what a tasty vehicle it is!

6 Comments:

Blogger fabulous girl said...

All this talk of food is making me hungry. When, exactly, is your next party?

6:37 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Hmm, good question! I'll have to work on that. (My birthday is the day after Halloween, though...perhaps a combined celebration?)

11:28 AM  
Blogger fabulous girl said...

I knew you were a saint: (http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01315a.htm)

12:44 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

That's me! Get out the rosary beads!

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That eggplant sounds amazing. Zsolt loves eggplant, so I'll have to try it at home!

11:02 AM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Oh, he'll love it! (And hello Dasha, welcome to the blog!)

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home