Monday, September 26, 2005

I believe when I fall in love with you it will be forever.

Yesterday's wedding was beautiful. It was outside, right by Lake Washington, and you could see Mt. Rainier off in the distance. But of course I am not going to go on and on about the ceremony. I will go on and on about the food!

The reception was at Carmelita, and I knew the food was going to be great, because Anny is a cook at Lark (this supposedly fantastic small plates/tapas restaurant). My favorites (there was a printed menu--after 3 glasses of rose there was no way I could have remembered all of this): Camembert, tomato-lavender chutney, microgreens, fennel crostini (passed appetizer). Black mission fig pizette with Sammish Bay Gouda and truffle honey (passed appetizer). Hearts of romaine with caramelized garlic-lemon vinaigrette and reggiano (salad). Chanterelle mushroom ravioli with truffle butter and parmesan (entree). Caramelized onion and teleggio tart with heirloom tomatoes (entree).

SO GOOD.

In Seattle foodie celebrity news, I think I met Johnathan Sundstrom last night!

Also, if anyone needs a dj in the Seattle area, the Groundswell DJ Collective did the music yesterday, and they were awesome. I guess it helps that Dave, Anny, and I have very similar musical tastes. No chicken dance at this wedding.

10 Comments:

Blogger Nee said...

I love figs!

11:56 AM  
Blogger fabulous girl said...

that menu is to die for.

1:10 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

I know!!! Honestly, I should have taken pictures of the food. No one would have thought it was weird, either, with all of the food people at the reception!

10:08 PM  
Blogger fabulous girl said...

I insist that you make up an occasion to be taken there for dinner.

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carmelita has great food, albeit rather rich at times. I've had a couple of really lovely meals there.

Also, in Seattle foodie celebrity news: Tom Douglas is kind of a dick.

10:57 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

You know, I could see that about Tom. All those restaurants! The radio show! And isn't he supposed to be on the Iron Chef?

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could be, could be.

A while back, I worked as a bartender for a catering company here in Seattle. We were hired to do the drinks for Conan O'Brien's wedding reception. Tom Douglas was hired to do the food. He was really arrogant and rather unpleasant. Plus I think his food is overrated and overpriced.

On the other hand, Conan was really nice and Andy Richter's great. Max Weinberg? Kind of a dick too. Lisa Kudrow? Looked like hell.

9:35 AM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

YOU BARTENDED AT CONAN'S WEDDING?????

That is SO awesome.

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie, you haven't changed! Gourmet-foodie meets rock star. Have you ever considered combining your two passions? Hmm...

11:20 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Hello NANCY ROBERTS! How are you???

And yes, if only I could combine those 2 passions...there was that brief Food Network show with Lisa Loeb and Dweezil Zappa, but I think that was cancelled.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home