Sunday, September 25, 2005

From bike to beer.

I started yesterday incredibly healthily (25-mile bike ride around Lake Sammamish) and finished it in pretty much the exact way possible (pitchers of beer and pizza at Bill's Off Broadway [BTW, that pizza at Bill's has got to be the best drunk food ever, with the possible exception of poutine]).

Somewhere in the middle of that we went to the Fremont Oktoberfest, where I attempted the time-honored beer festival tradition of trying to get as many beers as possible without having to give the beer servers tokens. You'd think the only girl in our group (ie, me) would have a better chance at tokenless beers (since most of the beer servers were male and probably a good percentage of them were straight), but Colin was far and away the free beer winner of the group. What that says about me, or Colin, or the beer servers, I'm not sure.

More CYHSY adoration: this article only makes them cooler to me. The lead singer's from a Philly suburb! And they're compared to the cast of "Freaks and Geeks," the best television series of all time. (Tickets are still available!)

On tap for today: a wedding and possibly karaoke at Vito's.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rainster said...

Sounds like a fun time -- heard the stories at Vito's!

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ich bin der trinkmeister!

5:25 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Does that mean you're the...drinkmeister?

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not really sure what it means because I don't actually speak German. But I think it's, "I am the drink master!" In my mind, anyway...

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home