Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Extra trivia night at the Hopvine.

The Hopvine (one of my absolute favorite places near my house) has a trivia night on the second Tuesday of every month, but I've never been because who remembers the second Tuesday of every month? (My friend now has a solution for this: Outlook reminders!) It was quite good--great beer, delicious food (heirloom tomato salad with fresh mozzarella, basil, roasted garlic, balsamic vinaigrette, and crostini), and mostly reasonable questions (but really, who knew that pistachios were dyed red in the 1930s to distinguish them from other vending machine items?).

Anyway, we tied for fourth place with some other teams. Next month we need to go back with a full group of 6 (we were only 3 last night), because first place wins ALL the money in the pot. (Every person pays $3 to participate--last night's first place team won around $100!)

So then I got home from the bar and just HAD to watch the season premiere of Gilmore Girls that I taped earlier. What does it mean that I now find both Rory and Lorelai completely annoying? And that I'm liking Emily (the grandma) more and more? Perhaps that I am no longer in the WB's key demographic.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nee said...

Hmmmm... I wonder if what they're saying about pistachios and why they are died is true. Pistachios, from what I have seen/learned, are originally red. I found this article, which may be of interest: http://www.zenobianut.com/aboutpistach.asp

I've had Iranian pistachios - yummy!

7:24 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Nelly, check out this:
http://www.nutsonline.com/nuts/pistachios/red.html
In the 1930s the pistachios were first dyed red to draw attention to them as well as hide the stains from antiquated harvesting techniques.

Also, I meant to tell you--one of the questions asked in what country Farsi is spoken! (We got that right, obviously.)

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home