Thursday, March 16, 2006

Trivia Night report, 3/15: end of an era.

As I've mentioned, we won second place at the last EMP Trivia Night ever. Words (still) can't express my glee. I will say that the questions seemed a bit easier than usual, but I'm not complaining. The trophy!

And now, for a bit of interactivity, here are the 5 questions we missed last night. Post your answers in the comments if you want to play along.
1. What teammate of Larry Bird won more games than any other player in NBA history?
2. In what year did the Friends finale air?
3. In 1997, what name was given to the nation formerly known as Zaire?
4. What do you call the offspring of a male tiger and a female lion?
5. Who left West Point after a 5-day tenure for the Confederate army? (I think he left to command the army, but I'm not entirely positive.)

Thanks to Fred and my fantastic teammates for 11 months of awesome Wednesday nights.

6 Comments:

Blogger Colin said...

Kate, you neglected to mention that if you hadn't been there then we wouldn't have come second because we wouldn't have had your UAF. How crucial is that?

11:24 AM  
Blogger Rainster said...

Hmmm... guesses would be:
1. no idea
2. 2004
3. Congo
4. a tigon
5. no idea

6:33 PM  
Blogger BS said...

1. I've got nothing
2. 2002
3. Congo
4. liger (or is that the other way around)
5. General Lee just seems too easy to be right, but I'll go with it.

8:03 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

You're right, Colin! I did know that "On the Street Where You Live" is from My Fair Lady. But, seriously, you had about 3 UAFs, right?

And thanks a million times to Doug for knowing that fact about Mata Hari.

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh boy....

1. Kevin McHale? (*Rotorglow spits on the ground*)
2. 2004
3. Congo?
4. Liger is too obvious, but I'll go with it.
5. Gen. Lee?

7:50 AM  
Blogger Colin said...

I think I only had one UAF - Danny Elfman...

Some interesting guesses so far...

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home