Thursday, March 02, 2006

Analysis.

So I took this awesome personality test the other day. (Take it and you'll see what I mean--the design is really cool, with the sliding scale and grid concept.) It didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know (hello, logical and detail-oriented, and likes a routine!), but it was still interesting.

My results: check out my confidence, openness, and extroversion levels. Kind of depressing, but you know, whatever. I've never claimed to be good at any of those things.

As I was leaving my Thursday night gym class, I saw my personality traits in action. These 2 people said something to me about the class--I don't even remember exactly what it was, it was just small talk as we were walking out. And I froze. Like, who are these strangers and why are they talking to me?! I think I managed to say something (without eye contact of course) before I scurried away down the stairs.

I don't think this working-from-home thing is helping me any in this area. Thank goodness next week is the KEXP pledge drive--I think I could use some human interaction with strangers. (My introversion is not with my friends or acquaintances, it's with people I don't know.)

Anyway, if I avoided eye contact and scurried away from you, before I knew you, now you know why. I am scared of strangers!

7 Comments:

Blogger Rainster said...

I came up as a "Benevolent Creator."

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have totally boggled my mind! The main reason I became friends with you is how friendly and talkative you were when I first met you. Plus, I never would have done that thing in Amsterdam if you hadn't been friendly enough to meet Marc. You met a lot of people on that trip if I recall. This is just shocking!! Have you changed since then?

Is that test related to the Myers-Briggs test at all?

6:59 AM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

I like benevolent creator better than mine! Let's switch.

CI, yes, you are right, this is this big paradox. Once I get over some initial level of acquaintance (like maybe since you knew Steve that's all I needed), I can be super-friendly. With Marc, I don't know. He definitely approached us--I honestly didn't set out to make friends there. If anything, I was probably scared when he first started talking to us!

(And when you say I "met" a lot of people on that trip...what are you implying with "met," hmmm?)

It's probably related to Myers-Briggs in some way. I took that a while ago and I think I was an ISTJ...maybe?

7:14 AM  
Blogger Colin said...

I wound up with Free-wheeling designer. That's kind of a weird one...

10:19 AM  
Blogger Colin said...

Also, apparently other people can assess your personality as well? You should assess me! :)

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marc didn't approach "us", he approached "you". Mainly because you were more scared of riding near me (which was admittedly a health risk) than talking to someone.

But that makes sense ... you need some initial context ... in a way you had that with Marc on the tour. Even I chatted with random people there.

PS. I just meant met. I don't remember hanging out with anyone Carol or Adam met, for example.

1:49 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Ha! You are right. I was totally scared of you on a bike.

Too bad we didn't get to hang out with that girl you met on the train. :)

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home