Saturday, February 11, 2006

Trivia Night report, 2/8.

Second place! But we had 37 points--definitely an impressive score.

So there was a Friends category. Did you know that John Stamos (a guest star on some Friends episodes) is an occasional drummer for the Beach Boys?! Uncle Jesse and Brian Wilson, together? That's the strangest thing I've heard about a Full House alum since I learned that Dave Coulier was the subject of Alanis Morissette's "You Oughta Know." (Seriously: the image of Alanis in the um...theater...with Joey from Full House is just too weird. [Did he bring that chipmunk puppet?])

Tomorrow night: a new trivia night (still with Fred) at The Jones. We're going mostly because it's the first night and Fred said we'd win. Also, they have french fries, apparently! (Normal Wednesday night EMP trivia does not offer french fries, sadly.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Colin said...

How was the new trivia? Should we make it a habit?

Also, I thought this might appeal to you. :)

11:06 AM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

New trivia was fantastic! Nice place, cheap drinks, hard questions (harder than EMP), and most importantly, DELICIOUS french fries! I definitely want to go back.

Puppy mover!

And are you back? Or still stuck in Boston?

11:08 AM  
Blogger paducci said...

are they pommes frites level?

while watching Good Night and Good Luck, I thought the one boss-type guy in there was Joey...but someone enlightened that it was Jeff Daniels, while acknowledging the confusion that he does indeed look like Joey from Full House.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Colin said...

I got back at about 4:30 this morning. Blech. I guess I'm lucky that my flight wasn't just flat out cancelled though.

Did you guys win?

Also - I got the thing from Doug about a Sunday gathering. Should we try and convince him that he should let us cook bacon there or should we push bacon to a different weekend?

Hmm, I guess that would make more sense to discuss by phone or e-mail, rather than blog comments. :)

1:41 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Well...they're different than Pommes Frites fries. Longer and thinner, and you don't have the novelty of all of the sauce choices. But seriously, these were GREAT. Some of the best I've had in Seattle!

Woah. Jeff Daniels = Dave Coulier... I've never thought of that before!

Colin--I will do a Trivia Night report and you will find out how we did! And I will email you re: all the other stuff. Welcome back though!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Colin said...

Hee hee... do I have to wait until next week for the trivia night report? :-P

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home