Monday, January 30, 2006

Only $1 for the champagne...of beers.

Saturday night found a bunch of us at a new karaoke venue, Kozak's. This may officially become my new favorite karaoke place--it's 3 blocks from my house, they have insanely cheap drink specials ($4 fancy drinks, $3 regular mixed drinks, $1 Miller High Lifes [guess which option I chose--a DOLLAR for a beer?!]), it's really uncrowded, and...apparently they have french fries. (I was telling Tom how excited I was about the fries, and he said, "what are you, twelve?" The answer to that is, yes, yes I am, and I am going to get excited about a karaoke place where I can order french fries.)

There are many pictures of the evening, but here are my two favorites: Colin and Raam and their tongues and me and my gang sign. (I am not quite sure what I was going for here. Apparently a puppies-and-kittens happy gang sign, as opposed to the traditional mean, scary gang signs. Or maybe I was just expressing my love of french fries.)

Also, I think I need a new song. "Faith" is great and all, but it might be getting old. Any suggestions? (I can't sing at all. "Faith" seems to be within my..."range," or whatever that's called. So don't suggest Whitney Houston or anything. [I really hope you wouldn't suggest Whitney Houston, anyway, though.])

[I'm reluctant to post anything new, because the comments for my last post are so awesome! And now I know the secret to getting people to comment: boobs!]

4 Comments:

Blogger fabulous girl said...

I'm not ashamed to admit it, I have comment envy.

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hate to break it to you, but I think whitney houston might be appropriate for someone who flashes hearts as gang signs. Or maybe Celine?

11:12 PM  
Blogger BS said...

Two thoughts came to me this weekend: "I Want You To Want Me" and "Laid." Both up there with "Faith" in terms of classic Karaoke songs. Personally, "Summer of '69" would be my choice...if I ever did Karaoke.

8:38 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

I LOVE the idea of both "I Want You To Want Me" and "Laid." Unfortunately, I fear those are way too high for my (very limited) voice range. I'll keep looking...

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home