Saturday, January 14, 2006

Trivia Night report, 1/11.

Third place. We were tied for second, and Doug and I were elected to compete in the tiebreaker (my strategy is to avoid the tiebreakers as often as possible). We got the first question right about Queen Victoria, but then missed the next question about the minor league baseball team from Albuquerque that shares their name with the team from The Simpsons. Um, yeah. The girl who got the question right was FROM Albuquerque.

Our best categories were Vegas (Fred mentioned our attendance at the Penthouse lingerie party when he introduced the category!) and NFL stars, if you can believe that.

And, I had a personal best of 3 UAFs. I knew one about the Stratosphere, I knew that "LL Cool J" stands for "Ladies Love Cool James," and I correctly identified a song as one by Harvey Danger.

The funniest/saddest question of the night: "Who is Randall McCloy Jr. known as?" The correct answer: The only surviving miner. Our answer: The Game.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, The Game and The Miner both have an "L" and a "Y" in their last name....so that was pretty good.

4:37 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Oh! Good point. Now I...feel much better?

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home