Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Say it with me! But not too loudly.

I have a great word for you: Oaxaca! Say it with me! One more time! Okay, that's enough. Hey, be quiet and listen to me! I have something important to say!

So I just had 2 of the best Seattle dining experiences I've had, ever.

Last night my parents and I went to La Carta de Oaxaca in Ballard. Oh WOW. We had guacamole that was the second best I've ever had (I actually like the guacamole I make better, but that's because I put lots of stuff in it, which I like). It was totally silky and smooth and almost all avocado with some cilantro, and not very salty or spicy at all, but still very very good--sort of the platonic ideal of guacamole, or something. They have like 25 different tequilas for their margaritas (I had the, um, "house," which I think was a cheapish Sauza, and it tasted fine to me). I had the entomatadas--this really thin (but not chewy!) piece of beef, served with their homemade tortillas covered in red sauce and some queso. And it's cheap! Go, and bring me with you! (The only thing is that you'll maybe have to wait a long time for a table.)

Tonight we went to Brasa for their happy hour. On Monday through Friday, from 5-7 pm, everything on their bar menu is half price when you buy a drink. I can't express how good a deal this is. The food is absolutely delicious. I had the spinach salad (with BACON), the curried mussels, and we shared a side of frites. FRITES AND BACON! Oh, heaven. (They had something called "Spanish doughnuts" on the dessert menu but we were all too full. Next time! Because, seriously, bacon AND frites AND doughnuts...)

3 Comments:

Blogger fabulous girl said...

Clearly the food ESP is in force. It's all about the bacon, apparently.

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did somebody say "bacon?"

9:05 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

BACON BACON BACON BACON!

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home