Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Give me a book of football trivia and a fake fire, and I'm yours.

Nate sent me this article today. Now, I am not the target audience--I actually enjoy watching football (I'm normally reading at the same time, though), and I am a huge proponent of the accompanying drinking/eating (for some reason, I always want Miller Light--I know, bad beer!--and nachos during the game).

Just this past weekend in Vegas, I had a great time watching the Pats game (during which I drank Miller Light and ate chips and salsa).

But even as someone who likes football, I cannot imagine how anyone could possibly take this article's advice seriously. This is my absolute favorite part:

Have a special "date night." Start off with a romantic candlelight dinner, followed by sitting by the fire and sharing a football book. If you don't have a fireplace, you can download a fireplace onto your computer monitor and have it crackling away while you read the book to each other. After you have gone over a chapter, have a Q&A. For every answer one of you gets correct, you two kiss... you get the picture, don't you?

I REALLY want to see what happens when someone suggests this "date night." (Quotation marks indicate heavy irony.) Who needs a restaurant or a movie when you've got a crackling e-fire and a romantic book of football minutiae?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS!! If I remember correctly, you are also a fan of baking brownies for football games. Or at least you did for a certain superbowl party senior year.

On a totally different note, can you email me if you have any good vegetarian recipes? I'd like to cook for one in the near future.

9:54 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Wait...I made brownies? I seriously don't remember that at all. Where did we watch the game?

And I will email you some recipes. Who is this vegetarian you're cooking for, hmmm???

10:21 PM  
Blogger fabulous girl said...

That just reminds me of this:
(shameless self-promotion)
http://fabgirls.blogspot.com/2005/12/fires-burning-fires-burning.html

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you ahead of time for the recipes!
And you and Joanna definitely baked something. Since the Giants were in the superbowl we had a little get together at my house. You don't recall this at all?

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home