Thursday, January 19, 2006

Trivia Night report, 1/18.

Second place! Of course, we had to win a tiebreaker to get it, but still. The categories (the Seahawks, the 1930s, old school video games, Monty Python) seemed a bit less fun this week--and by "less fun", of course I mean, "I didn't know many answers."

Our team name: Tainted Love. If you didn't see Tuesday's Daily Show, watch the "Level of Taint" video. So funny and yet soooo wrong.

The music category was really great, though. Fred played about 2 seconds of the beginning of a song. Some were immediately recognizable (Prince's "Kiss" and the B52's "Love Shack"), one baffled me but other people in our group got it (Yes' "Owner of a Lonely Heart"), one I think only I knew (50 Cent's "P.I.M.P"), and one we missed entirely (Modest Mouse's "Float On").

I don't know what you heard about me, but a bitch can't get a dollar out of me...

10 Comments:

Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Ha! I am only a Ramada kind of girl when I'm paying...

2:05 PM  
Blogger fabulous girl said...

I have a very hard time thinking of you as a Ramada kind of girl, now that you've seen the Bellagio ...

2:05 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Weird. My comment should come AFTER yours. I wrote it in response to you, anyway...

2:54 PM  
Blogger camarooned said...

Trivia sounds fun. Maybe I will bring my brain next Tuesday?

3:14 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Oh, you should definitely bring your brain! But your brain would help us more on Wednesday, since that's trivia night. (Wow, I am so obnoxious! Sorry about that.)

Seriously, it's great you're going to be here for trivia! Now you can see what all the fuss is about.

3:38 PM  
Blogger fabulous girl said...

A space at next week's trivia has been pre-reserved for Camarooned by the social secretary ...

3:55 PM  
Blogger camarooned said...

Whoa. Are you sure you want to give yourself such a handicap? I mean, I can't even get the day right.

Wait - that's the night I need to stay up all night - need to be at the airport at 4:00AM.

4:01 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Perfect, if you have to stay awake! There's karaoke after trivia. And I hear the bar makes really good espresso martinis...

4:28 PM  
Blogger fabulous girl said...

Can you imagine the flack I will get if you're not there? We're very generous with newbies. Which is to say that TK won't get snarky until she's had her third G&T ...

4:30 PM  
Blogger camarooned said...

Thanks for the 'Taint' link, Kate - now I can watch TV at work all day!!!

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home