Where have I been?
1. Studying for/completing a biostatistics exam and a take-home nutrition and metabolism (essentially, advanced biochem) exam. I spent 20+ hours on the nutrition exam. I have absolutely NO IDEA if I did okay, well, or terribly. (Should I mention that this is 40% of my grade?)
2. Being sad. Something really sad happened last week. I was going to say something to you all, but I didn't know how to write about it and sound sincere at the same time (because sincere isn't exactly my strong suit). My parents had to put our dog, Prancer, to sleep. She was 16 and it wasn't a surprise, but it was still very very sad. (Sorry for all of those people who were over at my house when I got the call and then disappeared into the bedroom...)
3. Volunteering for and attending Seattle Works' Swank. A great organization, a fantastic party.
4. Looking things up on Wikipedia. (Seriously, in 24 hours I looked up both NPY and hipster. The former for the aforementioned take-home exam, the latter for a hipster-themed party I was invited to and was able to attend only at the very end [because of the aforementioned Swank] when most of the hipster-attired people had left, so I didn't get to wear my Wikipedia-researched costume.)
5. Getting drunk and singing karaoke. (Moving on...)
6. Walking around in the apartment in these new jeans I bought that I think are way too tight, but I've been reassured by a fashion expert that they're supposed to be like that.
7. Dogsitting Seamus. (Okay, that was a LONG time ago, but it was still awesome.)
Anyway, you're up-to-date. I'll try to keep in touch.