Friday, January 12, 2007

The good.

Today I took a Flexcar out for the first time to buy a bunch of heavy things at Trader Joe's (canned tomatoes, beer, dish soap, soup, wine). (I sold my car, in case I didn't mention that before, in what had to have been one of the easiest car sale transactions in the history of automobiles: the woman barely wanted to test-drive it [we had to convince her], she didn't seem to notice the dings or scratches, and her husband only asked to look under the hood after she had already given me the cashier's check [a check made out in an amount very close to the asking price, I might add].) Anyway, the Flexcar experience was pretty awesome - I got a Scion xA, it was incredibly easy to reserve, and I set KEXP as the #1 radio preset. The awesomeness was a bit reduced on the way back from my house to the Flexcar's parking spot, however, because I got stuck on some ice (yup, snow in Seattle, again!) while trying to drive up a big hill. Thankfully, a very nice couple was walking by, and they helped me safely back up down the street so I could take a different, non-hilly route (the first thing they said when I asked for help was, "That's our Flexcar!").

All 3 of my teams are in the playoffs! This is exciting for me, since I am pretty much the definition of a fair-weather fan, so I get rewarded with a full weekend of football without any of the season of angst real fans have to face.

The Amateur Gourmet took my advice and went to Black Bottle! And he liked it! I have good taste.

This weekend we're having a ketchup tasting (and scotch too, but I'm not really interested in that).

School's started again, and while this quarter is going to be MUCH harder than last, we're actually doing important stuff - evaluating a walk-to-school and breakfast program, creating healthier menus for UW food service (and cooking our own recipes for students!), and learning about all sorts of food/nutrition-related issues (food safety, fish farming, biodiversity, etc).

I read 47 books this year! (I am positive this will decrease now that I'm back in school. And it's not like I remember salient points about most of them, but still.)

There's probably more I'm forgetting - and of course, there's bad stuff too. But no one likes to read about that, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home