Tuesday, December 19, 2006

4-letter word for "something Kate doesn't update anymore."

I just finished watching Wordplay, and all I can say is that you HAVE to see this movie. It just made me so happy! (Also, it reinforced that whole "I'm a huge dork" thing, but whatever.) Everyone does crosswords! Jon Stewart! Bill Clinton! The former public editor of the New York Times! Mike Mussina! And a 20-year-old due from RPI who competed in the national championship wearing a Trogdor t-shirt!

(I loved the part about how the 1996 election day Times crossword had a clue about the "lead story tomorrow" that could either be solved with "CLINTON" and "elected" or "BOBDOLE" and "elected.")

Anyway, it was great. I clapped several times during the movie (please note, I'm watching this by myself at home). And now, I think I need to start doing crosswords. Perhaps for my bus rides?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out: http://www.newsday.com/features/puzzles/ny-puzzle-crossword-htmlstory,0,4692820.htmlstory

Also, were you affected at all by this massive storm / power outage in the northwest? Your fans want to know!!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Rainster said...

I loved the movie too! I was trying to solve the puzzles when they had the little split screens with the people being interviewed and the clues.

6:18 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

CI, I SOLVED that puzzle in the link! (Which makes me think it was really easy. [It's not a NYT puzzle either!] Still, thrilling.)

Rainster, I know! Me too. I was amazed at how fast they were.

6:41 PM  
Blogger fabulous girl said...

She's alive!! So nice to /see/ you again, TK

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The puzzles are def easier than the Times, but they get harder as the week goes on. I'm good through Friday, but the Saturday puzzles usually stump me. The Sunday ones can be really clever sometimes, I like when they have fun themes.

Wordplay has been officially moved up to the top of my "need to see" list.

Did you get in touch with Suraj?

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home