Monday, November 21, 2005

Things'll go your way.

So I'm watching Related on the WB (shut UP, it's funny and cute, and I read a lot so a little tv is okay, anyway... And there, I have justified myself for the internet!) and they kept playing Wilson Phillips' "Hold On" (one of the characters is learning to drive, and apparently Wilson Phillips is necessary for the learning process). Is it bad to admit that I LOVE this song?

Why do you lock yourself up in these chains?
No one can change your life except for you

Don't ever let anyone step all over you


SO cheesy, SO great.

The last time I heard this song, a bunch of us (BS included!) were taking a minivan cab back to our respective Somerville houses from some Brighton bar. "Hold On" came on the radio and we all started singing. Poor cab driver.

But that was really fun.

4 Comments:

Blogger BS said...

Ah yes, I remember it well. I think I even have pictures of all of us eating pizza at that terrible place next to Sunset Grill. Good times.

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't fully reply to this post without totally embarassing myself in front of a bunch of strangers. So of course I'll do it! I too like that song, and actually have it on my iPod. Furthermore, I was once caught singing along to it when it appears in Harold and Kumar go to White Castle.

2:44 PM  
Blogger UW Nutrition said...

Oh yes! I remember that place! Dirty and filled with weird people. But yum, pizza.

And CI--HA! I can't wait to make fun of you for this in person. Perhaps over a nice girly drink at the GCB in May?

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose if I went back to the GCB I'd have to have a cider. You know, for old times sake of course. So I'll see you there.

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home